1.15 Invitation & Challenge (Matt)
Discipleship is a process of knowing how to calibrate invitation and challenge through the different phases of the journey.
MATTHEW 14:13 –21
- Retreat is connected to grief about John’s death and rest for
the 12 (Mk6:31)
- Privately = with this chosen community
- Pivots to meet the crowd’s needs and training for the 12
- Then he goes away alone to pray (v23)
- The journey of change and transformation is through the valley of the shadow of death
- The key: walk through the valley with people
- The leaders journey: space/opportunity/traction
Are you wired for invitation or challenge first?
When do you need to make space to create opportunity?