Prayer is the Work
Prayer is not part of the work – it is the work
A prayer movement always precedes a disciple-making movement
LUKE 11:1-4, MATTHEW 6:9-13
- Jesus repeats the prayer when they ask him to teach them (Luke 11)
- The final parts emphasise our spiritual warfare
- “Lead us not…” is the language of protection (not guidance)
- Prayer is not part of the work – it is the work
- Focus is God’s character and nature – relationship not formula
- A simple framework to learn and pray
“BLINK”: Focus on one part of the prayer.
“STICK”: Pray through the prayer until one part stands out.